It is full on Fall and VeganMoFo has begun!
This is MY season. To me, wearing a sweater is like wearing a hug all day long, and warm, stick-to-your-ribs cooking has soul healing properties. I am so ready to get down to it, except… I’m not.
It is exactly one month since we moved, two weeks since our belongings joined us, and I still don’t have my kitchen in order. For me, MoFo is going to be heavily dedicated to getting my pantry set up. It has been a long time since I have had to start completely from scratch. So all suggestions are welcome!
Here are some of my Vegan Pantry Musts:
- AP flour
- White Whole Wheat Flour
- White and brown rice
- Starches (corn, arrowroot, tapioca)
- Whole Wheat and Brown Rice pastas
- Dried beans (chickpeas mostly)
- Active Dry Yeast
- White and brown sugar
- Better Than Buillion Veg Broth
- Maple Syrup
- Nutritional Yeast
- Rolled Oats
- Vinegars (as many kinds as we can fit)
- Olive, Peanut, and Sesame Oil
- Coconut Milk
- Jarred tomato sauces
- Tomato Paste
- Miso (usually light)
- Soy Sauce
- Herbs/Spices (whole and ground) (as many as I can find space for)
- Powdered Soy Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Chips (my kitchen isn’t square if I can’t make cookies with what’s in my pantry)
- Peanut and Sunflower seed butters
Did I miss anything important? Do you have any store or brand specific must-haves? I am living within reasonable distance of both Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s for the very first time. I’d love some suggestions of what to take advantage of.
Happy MoFo, ya’ll!