Food Swap Sized Batch of Cookie Dough Hummus (made 4 servings for swapping and one for sampling)
- 3 1/2 C chickpeas (I was using beans I cooked. Two cans would be about 3 cups, and this recipe is flexible enough that you can do without the extra 1/2 C)
- 1/4 C rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 C brown sugar (or add the sweetener of your choice to taste)
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1 T sunflower seed butter
- 2 T oil (preferably with a mild flavor)
- up to 1/4 C almond milk (or whatever milk you like)
- chocolate chips (I never measure chocolate chips, but in this instance I added just over half a bag)
In food processor/blender blend* oats, salt, baking soda, and sugar (unless you sub in liquid sweetener) until oats are coarsely ground.
Add the beans, vanilla, oil, and sunflower butter. Blend until smooth.
Add milk 1 T at a time until it reaches desired consistency. Note, It will thicken a little if left overnight.
Pour into a bowl and stir in those chocolate chippies. Add as many as it takes. You read me right. AS MANY AS IT TAKES!
*If you don’t care about big ol’ chunks of rolled oats getting up in your grill or have, like, a Vitamix you can totally just blend everything but the milk and chips all at once.
This recipe was increased and modified from Chocolate Covered Katie‘s Cookie Dough Dip. If you have not started following her yet now is the time. She balances healthy and sweet in a way most people would like to but few actually do. And, that’s coming from someone who, 9 times out 10, would rather pack it on than eat a “healthy” cookie.